Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's been awhile!

I apologize for not writing for so long!  My monitor died on me on Easter Sunday (although we're reviewing the autopsy - it may not have been an actual death) so my computer has been sidelined since then.  Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.  It was a bit colder than I would have like it to have been, but it was nice to spend time with my husband and the kiddos.  I'm still waiting for a really nice afternoon to put the kids in their Easter outfits and take some pictures outside.  I may be waiting for awhile - the next few warmer days are actually supposed to be rainy.

First up: an update.  The school board voted to pursue a gas lease for school property.  Granted, they have several "demands" that must be included in their lease or they won't do it (supposedly), but still, my heart broke. Especially since they asked the Superintendent to research gas drilling/fracking/etc. and get back to them with a recommendation and she did: she urged them not to pursue a lease.  They voted 8 - 1 in favor of pursuing the lease.  Why ask her to do all that work if you already knew what you were going to do?!  I liked what one board member proposed: get a vote from the people of the district on what they would like the board to do.  That was, of course, summarily shot down.

Moving on.  I'm a member of a "birth club" board for both my kids, and on the one for my daughter, someone asked the question "Would your child be an only child and why?".  Funny thing is, we thought for a little bit (read: a week or so) of having just our son.  Here's the back story:

When we got married, DH always said he wanted a baseball team with relief players! I told him it wasn't going to happen. He said he would settle for 4, I told him MAYBE 3.  We had ODS in 2006, and I wanted to give him a sibling not too long afterwards. We realized there was no way we could afford 2 in child care, so we would wait until ODS would be going to kindergarten. Around when ODS was 3 or 4 (after he was potty trained, which was a pain and I didnt want to go through it again), I began to think that maybe having just him would be great!  He was becoming more independant and I was back at school getting my Master's and, since he would be going to public school, we could start saving some money and paying off things and maybe, just maybe, go on a real family vacation!  Then, the bug bit me.  Our son would be going to school in the fall, and I wanted him to have a sibling. HE wanted a sibling. So, our daughter is 5.5 years younger than her brother. 
Our daughter was a planned c-section, for many various reasons.  While I was having the C (and was having a rougher time of it than with our son), hubby starts talking about #3! I think he was trying to make me laugh or something (which is really hard to do when you're numb from your chest down).  Even our son is with him on having another one (funny - they say "Let's (= Let us) have another!", but who's REALLY having the baby?!).  I swore I was done and happy with my 2 at that time. I mean, it makes sense: we have a boy, we have a girl; I was not a great pregnant person; delivery (C or other) terrifies me; it would be nice to eventually, sooner, pay off some bills and take a real vacation. So, why do I occasionally think I want a 3rd?  I don't know, but I will consider adoption should the bug bite me again! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or feedback? Go ahead, but please, keep it civil people! Thanks!