Friday, March 23, 2012

First time for everything!

So, this is my first time blogging!  Not sure what all I'll put on here, but probably will chronicle our lives as a new  small town family.  We moved here in August with our then 5 1/2 year old son and our 2 week old daughter.  Our son started kindergarten a week and a half later.  The closest Walmarts are 15 - 25 minutes away, Target is almost 40 minutes away (in another state), there are no fast food restaurants in our town (probably a good thing), and I am a stay-at-home mom for the very first time.

I've always worked.  Why am I not working now?  There's also no child care in town and the closest ones are far below acceptable par.  I'm still searching though!  I love our kids and I AM enjoying being home with our daughter and watching her change and learn every day, but I also miss the intellectual stimulation of daily adult interaction as well as the social aspects of working.  I DO enjoy finding the mommy groups or hanging out with the other SAHMs of this town, but I would also enjoy bringing in a little more cash flow into the household (looking into some part-time work from home possibilities too!).

So, there you have it!  I don't know how often I'll post, but I'll let you know when I do!

Beth

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Small-town Girl. Fun to know how good life can be in the hinterlands.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Comments or feedback? Go ahead, but please, keep it civil people! Thanks!