Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Benefits of Facebook Sale Pages

I have been on Facebook since 2007.  However, it wasn't until I moved to this small town that these fantastic "garage sale" pages were out there!  I'm now a member of 7 of them!  It's like a garage sale all day, everyday - I highly recommend seeing if they exist in your area.  I've sold several items through these pages, and I've gotten some great deals as well (I got my son a t-ball helmet for $5!).  I also found out about this great kids and teens sale event, through these pages, that I was able to purchase two tables and sell whatever I wanted to sell - I made some good money today and met some great people.  I can't wait to do it again!  

Buying and selling through these pages has also helped me learn my way around the various towns, cities and counties in the area (everything is so far apart!).  I'm starting to learn the major points of reference for the various places, so I'm starting to communicate like a local! :o)  Still working on the road numbers though.  Here, people (i.e. the locals) use the road's state number rather than the road name.  For example: if a road is 204 and Beverly Road, the locals call it 204.  I'm used to roads being called by their actual name, so this numbers thing is also something I'm learning about.  I'll get it sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or feedback? Go ahead, but please, keep it civil people! Thanks!