Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pictures at work

I have a new job.  I work for a local school district as a secretary with many hats and gears to switch between.  For the most part, I like my job.  I have my own office and have covered the wall next to my desk and the filing cabinet behind me with pictures of my kids (and a couple with my husband).  Like any job, some days are better than others.  Regardless of what kind of day it is, when I need a mental break from the spreadsheets, the forms, the computer screen, or even if I don't need a mental break, I look to my left and look through the pictures of my kids.  And I'm amazed.  How much they've grown.  How much they've changed.  How much I'VE changed and my husband too.  Not just in how we look, but who we are and have become since we became parents.  Everyday, we see our kids and we know they are growing and changing.  We witness their personalities evolving right before our very eyes!  But it's not until we look at a picture, watch a home video or measure them on the height chart that we realize how much they've changed in such a short amount of time.

I am a working mom.  I enjoy being a working mom.  I love my kids and they are part of the reason of why I work.  And why I need to see them while I'm at work.  To remind me to really look at them when I get home and see for myself, in the flesh who they are now, so I can remember when I look at their pictures tomorrow, next week, next month, next year.  1,000 words doesn't cover what I feel when I look at their pictures and look forward to getting home and holding them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or feedback? Go ahead, but please, keep it civil people! Thanks!