Thursday, June 6, 2013

To My Little Miss: Like Tinkerbell

To My Little Miss:

Like Tinkerbell.  Please.  If you choose to really like any mainstream female character, like Tinkerbell.  Here's why:

1) She's independent, but knows when and how to ask for help.

2) When she makes a mistake, and she makes quite a few, she tries to correct it and learn from it.

3) She's creative and uses her imagination to create new things out of "found things".

4)  She's persistent.

5) She's loving and caring to her friends and living things.

6) She's a problem solver and challenge accepter.

7) She takes chances and tries new things.

8) She likes adventures.

9)  She is strong of body and character.

My Love, you are incredible.  Already you take risks (sometimes giving your mother heart attacks and yourself bruises, but they heal).  You are persistent (and stubborn, which can be a lethal combination, but will serve you well, once you learn to use those skills properly).  You try again (that's why you're in a toddler bed already).  You are physically strong and have great balance.  You are loving and caring (I've seen you pat your brother's back when he's upset and you are very gentle with animals).  You're a problem solver (if you can't reach your fruit snacks, by golly you know how to get to your brother's!  I should probably move those again.). And challenge accepter (you'll probably figure out how to get to yours and your brother's fruit snack after I move them).  You are independent and you will try new things, but will ask for help, when you need it.

So, my loving, strong, independent, persistent, problem solving, risk taking little wonder: if you choose to like a female character, please choose a strong one.  Choose Tinkerbell.  I'll try to restrain myself from influencing your decision too much.

I love you!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or feedback? Go ahead, but please, keep it civil people! Thanks!