Friday, May 24, 2013

Camping: The Great Debate

Ah camping!  A tent, a good camp mat, a sleeping bag, the night sky and a campfire.  And a bathroom.  Yes, a bathroom.  Preferably with running water.  That's my definition of camping.  I came across this article this evening and I really enjoyed reading about different ways to camp and people's thoughts on camping.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/24/travel/camping-escape-debate/index.html?hpt=hp_bn10

I've been tent camping where we hiked to our camp site and had no running water.  I've camped at campgrounds, in the snow.  I've camped on a platform tent, in a camper, in a cabin and in my backyard.  Come to think of it, for a city girl, I've done quite a bit of camping in my life.  Most of it was done before 6th grade, but the experiences and memories are still there.  As an adult (past college age), I've only gone camping twice, and both of those were this year at Cub Scout Family Camps.  Thankfully, our site has been within an easy walk of the restrooms.  Kind of spooky in the middle of the night because you have to go down a road through some of the woods, so I try to limit my beverage intake before my last trip before bed.  But, I digress.

My questions to you are these: 1) What is YOUR definition of camping?  2) What is your favorite way to camp?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or feedback? Go ahead, but please, keep it civil people! Thanks!